Those Little Pesky Choices

In this volatile period of teenage, it's hard to make big decisions. Coming down to a 50-50 vote and choosing one option with the help of a coin toss may seem easy but we gotta look at the bigger picture here! 

Figuring out life as we know it, constantly learning who we are and who we want to be. Adapting to it and endlessly evolving. 

Making choices that will reflect our lives. Making decisions that will stay with us forever and doing all of this amidst the wave of emotions that teenage brings with it. And of course, coming to a final verdict is hard. That's because there's no assurance about how things will end up after you've decided for yourself. 


It's hard enough on its own to just understand who we are at this point. On top of that, it is combined with the struggle with what we want to do and more importantly, who we want to become. This is like navigating my way through life without a nap or a compass. 

We are trying to figure out what is right and wrong and find a balance between the perfect fairytale world that's been fed to us for so long and the reality that is being unveiled steadily. Realizing the world isn't as perfect as Disney portrayed it. 

Two different people, two different perspectives.

Inayat

I have had my share of making hard decisions. After learning about the experiences of people older than me, I have realized that nobody has it all together. Some go through a financial crisis, the others have family issues. A few have problems with their workplaces, the others are victims of career pressure. It seems as if that picture-perfect scenario that I once dreamt of doesn't exist. You may lead a successful, luxurious, and extravagant lifestyle. But this doesn't ensure happiness and contentment. 

Thinking about what the future beholds constantly pressurizes us, coaxing us into making the wrong choice. I am still trying to figure out who the real Inayat is, what she wants from life, what her expectations are. The deeper I get into thinking about this, the harder I get on myself. When does this period of overthinking end?

Some decisions that I've made have made me regret them. While reflecting on the past, I get some thoughts that make me doubt my capabilities. They make me question my worth. I've started over-analyzing every move of mine.

But what's the use of all this overthinking? Nothing, really! 

Not only am I, so many other people are also perplexed about what their next step is going to be. We are continuously knocking ourselves down deep in a crater where it's hard to get ourselves out from. 

I am nobody to advise you. But here's something that I've learned lately - you can't be fully practical, analytical, or calculative about every step, or be completely laid back, relaxed and easy-going.

Do what you're passionate about. Do what you enjoy doing. And don't be hard on yourself. Your time to shine will come soon.

Meanwhile, appreciate what you have. Be grateful, because you might not have the same privilege in the future that you have now. 

Don't get coaxed into making the wrong decision. That one wrong step can help you drown in a puddle. There's no end to this aisle. 

Ruhani

I think for me teenage has been as much of a roller coaster as for any other teenager, if not more. Although it's been a hell of a ride, it has taught me to be grateful for whatever I have. Spending the peek years of my adolescent life amidst a global pandemic hasn’t been of great help either. And when I say pandemic I refer to lockdowns, wearing masks all the time, schools closing down and online teaching, and not meeting friends and distant family. The depressing reports, the horrifying stats of cases and deaths from across the world, and the unwanted paranoia that came with it.

But the most difficult part has been getting accustomed to death amongst this pandemic. It has taught me how essential it is to live in the present. We don’t do that, and we just take everyone and everything for granted and that is the most awful thing to do.

I believe it's very important to do what your heart says. Even if you'll have to deal with the consequences later, I think that is better than thinking about the what-ifs - What if I'd done that? How would things have ended up if I actually made this decision differently? In my opinion, it's better to say "oops" than "what if". I make mistakes. I make stupid choices. I make wrong decisions. But I do my best and that is all that matters to me. Drake once said and I quote “my excuse is that I am young."

↠ Choices are the hinges of destiny. One choice or decision can transform your fate - A good decision can illuminate your future and a bad decision can wreck it.

Comments

Popular Posts